Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with expected 2021 revenues of $4.6 to $4.7 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit .
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person's qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
The EH&S Manager is responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating safety, health and environmental compliance and other programs that result in EHS regulatory and corporate compliance in manufacturing and support operations for assigned plant and/or facilities.
- Accountable for compliance with all applicable regulatory, plant and corporate EHS and related policies and procedures.
- Accountable for Emergency Response functions, roles and responsibilities in accordance with site emergency response plan.
- Supports management/supervision to ensure all site associates understand and comply with all applicable regulatory, plant and corporate EHS and related policies and procedures.
- Responsible/accountable to ensure equipment and facilities are installed and maintained in compliance with all applicable regulatory, site and corporate requirements.
- Responsible/accountable to ensure site project activity is completed in compliance with all applicable regulatory, site and corporate requirements.
- Ensures that all EHS reporting is completed timely and accurately. This includes Avient-required, government, agency and other reporting.
- Works with all employees on engagement activities to continuously improve the safety culture within the facility.
- Ensures that programs exist and are followed for all necessary employee monitoring and testing requirements are performed appropriately.
- Develops and maintains safety systems, policies, and procedures for the site.
- Inspects facilities, machinery, equipment, and personnel practices to identify potential safety and health concerns and hazards.
- Conducts accident investigation and provides recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintains worker's compensation claim administration, reporting and communication.
- Manages new chemical approval process for EHS consideration in accordance with the new chemical approval process.
- Acts as Company representative in dealing with government agencies on safety, health and environmental matters affecting the site.
- Trains employees and management in safe practices and EHS procedures.
- Responsible for all safety-related permit programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving site security programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all waste streams are properly classified and handled.
- Ensures that EHS standards are met by all onsite contract services.
- Provides information to management on accidents, causes, and costs and recommends long-range accident reduction and cost containment objectives.
- Coordinates activities with local fire departments and other government/civic functions on inspection of facilities.
- Ensures safe operation, modification and installation of equipment in all buildings.
- Owner of management of change process including procedure, forms, and ensuring compliance to management of change
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years EH&S experience
- 3 years leadership experience
- 5+ years manufacturing operations experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Chemistry or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- CIH, CSP is a plus.
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- Knowledge of safety and health and Environmental codes and regulations required.
- Ability to train in all areas of safety and health.
- Computer skills: Proficiency with word-processing and spreadsheet applications required (MS Word & Excel preferred).
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proven leadership competencies including problem solving, decision making, motivation, ethical performance, teamwork, results oriented.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment ranges from normal office noise levels to loud.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.