Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with expected 2021 revenues of $4.6 to $4.7 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit .
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
The Field Technical Specialist provides support to customers in the field and in the Kennesaw Applications lab, by assisting with printing parameters, product recommendations and complaint resolution for the screen printing product lines in the Avient portfolio. The role collaborates with Sales, Product management and Research and Development by assisting with product development, business development and new product introductions. This position operates with a high degree of autonomy and requires little to no day-to-day direction, providing screen printing support for all Avient Ink brands.
- Provide onsite support at customer premises, including printing, color matching, mixing inks etc.
- Provide troubleshooting for print problems utilizing solutions such as art correction, screen work, print parameters (squeegee, mesh, pressures, angles, speeds), cure issues and ink selection.
- Coordinate with application labs to resolve customer complaints related to printing application
- Recommend Avient Screen printing products via rapid response to telephone, email inquiries and social media.
- Test developmental products in lab and onsite at customer premises. Guide development chemists on product performance through written and verbal feedback
- Capture the voice of the customer (VOC) and feedback to organization on existing products and new developments
- Provide training in Applications labs to visiting customers in collaboration with Sales, PM and Application teams
- Generate white papers and speak at technical events to promote Avient products
- Generate ideas for new products by identifying gaps in product performance
- Records, compiles and presents activities and results in the required format
- Schedule and prioritize travel in collaboration with Sales and Product management
- Observes applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. Uses appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintains good housekeeping.
- Assists with printing high quality Marketing samples as needed
- Supports quality control and manufacturing with print trials when necessary
- Attends and participates in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- This role requires the individual to perform the function independently with little to no direction and oversight, and effectively interact and influence at the managerial peer level. Up to 80% travel is required.
- Conduct all job functions with a high degree of a proactive safety mindset.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent. College education in Science, Business or Creative field preferred.
- Must have at least 10 years of screen printing work experience in a significant production environment.
- Experience in all facets of screen printing, (screens, inks, and machines). Basic Art separation knowledge is a bonus.
- Preferred candidate has significant experience with Screen printing inks of different chemistries (Plastisol, Water based inks preferred, Silicone a bonus)
- Ability to differentiate color nuances by eye
- Ability to communicate in English (read, speak and write)
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
- Must have math skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are beneficial, but not required
- The position requires the ability to work with a personal computer in a Windows environment. Requires proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; talk and/or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus and the ability to differentiate color.
- Requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses and shoes, dust mask, hard hat, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, chemical suit, gloves, aprons, etc. Work is inside and the typical noise level is loud.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.